Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Essay resources

Kia ora koutou
I am off sick today, but I've made some resources to help you with your persuasive writing.

Please start the lesson with 15 minutes of silent reading.  Hopefully you have brought your dystopian novels with you to class.

Then I want you to carry on with your planning for your essays on hope vs despair or on the priorities of the school cafe.  I have made some resources for you here to show you how to move from first brainstorm to planning what will go in each paragraph.  Then I have included the parts of an essay, a reminder about a SEXY paragraph and an exemplar of an introduction and a SEXY paragraph.

Today I want you to make a detailed plan, and to write your introduction.

In the last ten minutes of the lesson, I want each of you to email me with:
1. One thing you have learned or achieved today
2. One thing you need more help on tomorrow.

Thanks.  Ngā mihi, Ms Quick


No comments:

Post a Comment